Metsä Group is a forerunner in sustainable bioeconomy utilising renewable wood from sustainably managed northern forests. Metsä Group focuses on wood supply and forest services, wood products, pulp, fresh fibre paperboards and tissue and cooking papers. In 2018, Metsä Group’s sales totalled EUR 5.7 billion, and it employs approximately 9,300 people. Metsäliitto Cooperative is the parent company of Metsä Group and is owned by approximately 103,000 Finnish forest owners.Group Services
Group Services employ approximately 600 specialists in the fields of IT, law, sourcing and logistics, HR, communication, technology and finance who support Metsä Group and its business areas in the execution of its strategy.
Metsä Group is establishing a purchasing service center in Gdańsk to provide services related to purchase order processing, small-scale competitive bidding processes and purchase data maintenance. In the new unit, purchase function professionals will play a key role in developing higher-quality purchasing services and creating a new, consistent way of working for the successful Metsä Group.Job description
We are looking for buyers for our service center to purchase materials and services for the needs of Metsä Group’s business operations. For these positions, we appreciate your fluency in English and Slovak or German languages.
You will play a key role in:
- processing procurement proposals, purchase orders, order confirmations and procurement agreements
- maintaining the necessary purchase data in our systems
- monitoring the progress of deliveries
- managing the complaint database in your area of responsibility and
- supporting the organisation’s internal partners and suppliers during the various phases of the purchasing process
To succeed in this role, you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or logistics
- previous experience in purchasing or other duties related to the management of the order-to-delivery chain
- customer service and process orientation
- fluency in English and in addition good knowledge of Slovak, German or Polish
- knowledge of SAP enterprise resource management system, which will be regarded as an advantage
We will offer you:
- an interesting and motivating job in a well-known international company
- an excellent opportunity to participate in the renewal of our purchasing operations
- challenging tasks and good personal development opportunities
- locally competitive salary
- attractive benefit package including comprehensive medical care and individual life insurance
- great team spirit and good office location
If you believe in renewal and responsible performance, this is the place for you.
Sending your application
Please send your application together with your CV and salary request no later than 31.3.2019 using the link below.
We will start processing applications and holding job interviews before the deadline. The positions will be filled once suitable applicants have been found.