Process Improvement Specialist, EU FBA Supply Chain
Job ID: 2356393 | Amazon /Slovakia/ s.r.o.
Today, more than 58% of worldwide purchases from Amazon are made from third-party businesses. That’s $160B in sales, mostly from Small- and Medium-sized businesses. Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) enables these businesses (our Selling Partners) to hand over the heavy lifting of warehousing, payment processing, delivery returns and customer service to Amazon, utilizing the capabilities that Amazon has built over the last 25 years. Selling Partners can list and sell their products across all of our European sites from a single account. This frees them to concentrate on what they do best – finding and developing new products and marketing them to potential customers.
Amazon currently seeks creative, dynamic and experienced Process improvement Specialist to join the FBA Operations & Supply Chain team to drive Lost and Damage defect reduction. A successful candidate must be able to work independently, be comfortable with ambiguity, and be able to influence internal/external partners at all levels of the organization. This role will particularly suit someone with strong analytical abilities, relationship building skills and superb project management capabilities.
Some of the qualities that we are looking for: you are results-oriented (and have a track record of repeatedly delivering great results); you are an innovator (and have already proven it); you have the intellect and horsepower to solve really complex problems (some may say impossible to solve); you are an owner, and do what it takes to make your team successful; you have relentlessly high standards (some may say too high); you are customer obsessed; you operate well in an ambiguous environment; and finally, you have a burning desire to be a part of something really big.
- Drive the implementation of strategic initiatives to optimize the Supply Chain
- Write business and technical requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business and development teams
- Optimize our Policies, Processes and Products to ensure lowest cost for Sellers and Amazon
- Establish the business goals and supporting business metrics and indicators for success
- Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Monitor key supply chain cost drivers, such as units per outbound shipment, sellers inbound splits, etc
- Identify, prioritize and communicate key areas for service and business improvement along the key Supply Chain metrics, including cost savings opportunities.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2500 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
Key job responsibilities
1. Analyze Amazon Caused Lost and Damage defects performance
2. Identify defect owners and drive defect reduction actions
3. Establish scalable metrics, align goals, monitor and share progress on these metrics with stake holders
4. Develop weekly/monthly/quarterly mechanisms to drive visibility on defect reduction initiatives and performance
5. Work with Ops and Tech teams to develop processes and products to identify and reduce defects
6. Forecast defect reduction plan and financial impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Operations, Engineering, Statistics, Finance or similar
- 5+ years of program and project management experience (ideally within the SC domain)
- Sound business judgment with strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and delivering programmatic change
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A strong appetite for teamwork, and a just-do-it attitude
- Well versed in Excel and basic SQL Skills
- Strong urge to explore input and output data/metrics and drive solutions through logical reasoning and data interpretation skills
-Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage with various stakeholders and be impactful in difficult situations
-Proven ability to work effectively for tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
-Good proficiency in English language, both verbal and written
-Experience in managing projects with complexity.
- The right candidate thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves and do what needs to get done” to consistently deliver results.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.