IT Support Engineer
Job ID: 2047692 | Amazon FC Slovakia s. r. o
At Amazon, we strive to be earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
Amazon has immediate openings as IT Engineer in our Fulfilment Centres located in: Sered. Fulfilment Centres throughout Slovakia handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors, and ships them across the globe each day. The successful candidate will ‘know how things work’ in his/her areas of responsibility and keep changes under control. You will build and operate infrastructure environments and will provide critical input to ensure that the platform is designed with operability in mind. You will make sure that all work around infrastructure moves forward successfully. As no two days are the same in Amazon you will thrive on changes and embrace ambiguity.
Since we believe that diversity improves teams, we are looking for people of different gender and age and with different background and experience.
Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making History.
What makes this team a great place to work?
· Day 1 opportunity – You will be joining a team that is responsible to what happens after the customer clicks “buy”.
· Opportunities for growth – You will have the opportunity to manage build & deploy projects, involved in the pre-delivery of the environment and ensure that continuous improvement and innovation is at the forefront of what we do.
· Scale New Heights – With the fast pace growth of our fulfilment network, you will be working on challenging and complex problems to help us scale and grow the service to meet our customer demands.
· Candidate should possess customer service skills in dealing with users at all levels in a team environment.
· Ability to operate in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible would be an advantage
· Demonstrated experience delivering direct user support in a high availability environment.
· Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact has been demonstrated.
· Must possess technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills with the ability to interact with internal customers in a professional manner.
· Analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Candidate must haves a basic understanding of core internet technologies - DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP and network file systems
· Must have a good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and have demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
· Experience with Linux Operating System, Thin Client Infrastructure devices, and remote access systems would be an advantage
· Fluency in Slovak and English language proficiency
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
· B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science or Related Technical field preferred, but not required.
· Demonstrated experience with Windows/Mac/Linux Operating Systems
· Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
· Certifications in areas of core support responsibility - A+, MCSA, MSCE, Network+, CCNA
· Experience providing phone based technical support and troubleshooting to a wide range of technical and non-technical users
· Experience with remote access and Terminal Server / Citrix environments
Please note you are not required to meet all of the above-mentioned expectations, any combination is welcome! (The more the better, of course).
In addition we expect fluency in English and Slovak, open mind, willingness to learn new skills and respect for the team spirit.
Valid driving licence and flexibility to work and travel outside of your designated location.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 1500 gross per month. The salary depends on the skills and requirements. There will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in the US. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.